Lime in the Coconut Pie
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 teaspoons coconut flavor
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped, divided
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel, for garnish
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE flours, cinnamon, ginger, salt and sugar in large bowl. Mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles small peas. Sprinkle water one tablespoon at a time over flour mixture and gently blend with fork until mixture is moistened.
- FORM into a ball. Place on floured surface and roll out into 1/8-inch thick circle. Gently fold pastry in half and place in 9-inch pie plate. Crimp edges and prick bottom and sides with fork.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool completely.
- COMBINE combine butter, cream cheese, limeade and powdered sugar in small bowl.
- MIX together milk and instant pudding in large bowl blending well with wire whisk until mixture begins to thicken, approximately 2 minutes. Add coconut flavoring; mix well.
- BEAT cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in one cup of whipped cream to pudding mixture. Set aside. Fold remaining 1/2 cup whipped cream into lime-cheese mixture.
- SPREAD pudding mixture evenly over bottom of cooled pie crust. Gently spread lime-cheese mixture over pudding layer.
- COVER with plastic wrap; refrigerate several hours or overnight if possible.
- BEAT cream with sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream. Sprinkle with lime peel; serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 660 (Calories from Fat 390), Total Fat 44g (Saturated Fat 22g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 41g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.