Luscious Lemon Bars
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 8-inch square pan with foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- FOR CRUST: COMBINE flour, powdered sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until evenly moistened. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- FOR FILLING: WHISK eggs until blended. Whisk in sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour over partially baked crust. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- FOR GLAZE: STIR together powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel. Spread on hot lemon filling. Cool on wire rack. Chill until firm. Remove from pan using edges of foil. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 24), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.