Macadamia Nut Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 salt
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; do not bake.
- COMBINE butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until well blended. Slowly stir in corn syrup and eggs. Mix well. Fold in nuts; pour into unbaked pie crust.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F. Bake an additional 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set and firm.
- COOL to room temperature and serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 340), Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 23g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.