Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 ( 6-8 oz.) package Spring Mix or Baby Spinach salad greens
- 1/2 pound snow peas, blanched and sliced thin lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- WHISK together dressing ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- STIR together flour, five spice powder, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, mix together coconut milk and lime juice.
- POUR oil into large skillet to about 1/2-inch depth. Heat over medium-high heat. Dip each chicken breast tender into coconut milk-lime mixture then coat with seasoned flour. Shake off excess and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- TOSS salad greens, snow peas, onions and oranges in bowl with Peanut Dressing. Arrange on plates; top with cooked chicken tenders. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 980 (Calories from Fat 680), Total Fat 78g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 1620mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 13g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 8%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.