Mango-Passion Fruit Pie
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 9-inch single Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup frozen passion fruit puree, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen mango puree
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh diced mango, for garnish
- PREPARE and bake pie crust according to recipe. Cool completely on wire rack.
- COMBINE eggs, egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan. Whisk until blended. Stir in passion fruit and mango purees. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, cooking until mixture coats back of spoon. Remove from heat.
- SPREAD in prepared pie crust. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pie to prevent skin from forming. Cool 30 minutes. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- BEAT cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Remove plastic wrap from pie filling. Spread whipped cream mixture over top of pie. Garnish with mango. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 620 (Calories from Fat 410), Total Fat 46g (Saturated Fat 23g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 200mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 26g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.