Maple Apple Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray with flour. Combine sugar, brown sugar and 3/4 cup butter in large bowl. Beat until smooth. Add 3/4 cup syrup and eggs. Blend well.
- ADD flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spoon into prepared pan.
- BAKE 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons syrup and 1 tablespoon butter in small bowl. Mix until smooth. Spoon over top of cake. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon walnuts.
- TIP High Altitude: Decrease sugar to 3/4 cup. Increase flour to 3 1/2 cups. Bake at 375°F 50 to 60 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16 1 slice), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.