Maple Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 7 cups sliced, peeled baking apples, (about 2 1/2 pounds or 7 medium)
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions.
- ROLL remaining dough; cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch strips for lattice top. Chill strips.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- PLACE apple slices in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 2 minutes. Stir. Repeat 2 times or until apples start to soften. Combine 3/4 cup syrup and cornstarch in microwave-safe measuring cup. Stir. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Stir. Repeat until mixture starts to thicken. Pour over cooked apples. Cool.
- COMBINE nuts, 2 tablespoons syrup and butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute. Stir to break up. Cool. Spoon into unbaked pie crust. Top with nut mixture. Moisten edge with water.
- WEAVE strips of dough over filling to form lattice crust, extending ends of strips beyond edge of bottom crust. Trim ends of strips even with outer edge of bottom crust. Lift edge of bottom crust; fold over ends of strips. Crimp edge.
- BAKE 50 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon syrup as a glaze. Return to oven 5 minutes. Cool until barely warm or to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 360mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 25g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.