Maple-Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow pepper
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
MAPLE ORANGE GLAZE
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- MIX flour, salt and pepper in one gallon resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and shake until chicken is completely coated.
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Saute chicken until lightly browned. Add onion and peppers. Cook about 3 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- WHISK together syrup, orange juice, dark brown sugar, soy sauce, orange peel, cornstarch, crushed red pepper, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Pour over meat and vegetables in skillet. Simmer on medium heat until sauce thickens. Serve over rice or noodles.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 760mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g), Protein 19g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 120%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.