Maple Sausage Gravy Over Waffles
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 5 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Belgian Waffle Mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound sage pork sausage
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup Hungry Jack® Honey Maple Flavored Syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- COAT Belgian waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Set to medium-high heat. Combine waffle mix and water in large bowl until smooth.
- BAKE in waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Repeat to bake total of 4 (7-inch) waffles.
- BROWN sausage in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in flour. Add milk, syrup, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until gravy thickens. Cut waffle into quarters. Overlap 3 waffle quarters on plate. Top each serving with 3/4 cup gravy. Drizzle with syrup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/5 of recipe), Calories 830 (Calories from Fat 310), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 1900mg, Total Carbohydrate 102g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 38g), Protein 30g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 50%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.