Maple Walnut Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Flute edges. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinking. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- COMBINE syrup and milk in small saucepan. Cook on low heat just until hot. Do not boil. Stir small amount of hot mixture gradually into egg yolks. Return egg mixture to saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Simmer 1 minute.
- SOFTEN gelatin in water. Remove saucepan from heat. Add gelatin and maple extract. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken.
- FOLD whipped cream into maple mixture. Fold in nuts. Spoon into cooled baked pie crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 340), Total Fat 37g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.