Maple Walnut Crisps
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until a coarse crumbs form. Add syrup and egg, mixing on low until a smooth dough forms. Stir in 1 cup chopped walnuts. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2 inches in diameter, coating glass as needed.
- COMBINE finely chopped walnuts and sugar, if desired. Brush tops of cookies with beaten egg white. Sprinkle lightly with walnut mixture.
- BAKE 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (2 of 48 crisps), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.