Maple Walnut Crisps
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until a coarse crumbs form. Add syrup and egg, mixing on low until a smooth dough forms. Stir in 1 cup chopped walnuts. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2 inches in diameter, coating glass as needed.
- COMBINE finely chopped walnuts and sugar, if desired. Brush tops of cookies with beaten egg white. Sprinkle lightly with walnut mixture.
- BAKE 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.