Meatball and Pepperoni Stromboli
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Garlic & Herb Artisan Bread Mix
- 1 cup hot water (110° to 120°F)
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 3 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 1 pound prepared frozen meatballs (1 oz), defrosted
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded Italian 5 cheese blend
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE bread mix and yeast packet in large bowl. Add water. Stir with wooden spoon until soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 50 to 75 times, adding flour as needed.
- ROLL out dough on lightly floured surface into 10-inch by 14-inch rectangle. Spread sauce across dough leaving 1-inch border. Top with a single layer of pepperoni. On long side place meatballs in 3 rows down middle of dough. Sprinkle entire surface with even layer of shredded cheese. Fold dough from each side over meatballs pinching edges to seal. Place seam side down on prepared baking pan. Shape stromboli to evenly center meatballs. Let rest uncovered 12 minutes. Slash dough with tip of sharp knife. Beat water and egg in small bowl. Brush stromboli with egg wash. Sprinkle with cheese and sesame seeds.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until stromboli is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 1380mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 26g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 40%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.