Mediterranean Chicken Pot Pies
Elizabeth Morath, Amherst, NY, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 4 pot pies
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Herbes de Provence
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 6 ounces uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded), cubed
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, undrained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (18.5 oz.) can Progresso® Vegetable Classics French onion soup
- 1 (9 oz.) box frozen sweet peas & pearl onions*
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- In shallow bowl, stir together flour, herbes de Provence, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and garlic powder. Coat chicken in flour mixture, turning to coat all sides. Heat olive oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently or until chicken is brown and no longer pink in center. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, capers, wine, garlic and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in peas and onions. Cook 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until thickened. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to chicken mixture in skillet. Stir until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Carefully unroll loaf of dough; fold dough in half lengthwise. Press into 16x4-inch rectangle. Cut dough into 4 squares. In each of 4 (10-oz) custard cups or ramekins, add about 3/4 cup of chicken mixture. Place 1 piece of dough on top of each cup. Divide remaining 1 tablespoon butter among tops of pot pies. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and crushed rosemary leaves over tops of pot pies. Add 1 rosemary sprig to each pot pie. Place pot pies in 15x10-inch pan with sides.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- TIP *2 cups frozen peas and 1/4 cup chopped onion can be substituted for the box of peas and onions.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission. / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 4 pot pies), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 1830mg, Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g), Protein 19g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.