Mediterranean Olive Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in water, butter, egg, basil and rosemary until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add olives and cheese. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Microwave olive oil and garlic in shallow bowl on MEDIUM 2 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 24 pieces. Shape into balls. Coat lightly with oil and place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in warm place 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Brush top with remaining oil.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.