Mexican Chocolate Ganache Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 44 min
- Ready Time: 55 min
- Yield: 9 large or 16 small brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- PREPARE brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and eggs. Stir in cinnamon, almond extract and red pepper, if desired.
- BAKE in 8-inch baking pan according to package directions. Cool completely.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on LOW 50 seconds; stir. Microwave in additional 10 to 15 second intervals on LOW, stirring after each one, until chocolate is melted. Stir in butter. Spread over cooled brownies. Chill until set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 9 brownies), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 46g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.