Mexican Wedding Cakes
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 1/3 cups Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 1/3 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar
- COMBINE shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extracts in bowl of electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt and pecans. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Shape dough into 1 to 1 1⁄2-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 25 minutes or until edges of cookies are light brown. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar. Cool on cooling racks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.