Mexican Wedding Cookies (Polvorones)
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat on medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts; mix well. Roll dough into walnut-size balls; place on ungreased baking sheets about 1 1⁄2 inches apart.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool on baking sheets until cool enough to handle, but still warm. While still warm, roll in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar; place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.