Mini Sacher Tortes
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12 tortes
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Simply Fruit® Apricot Spreadable Fruit
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- For Cupcakes: HEAT oven to 325°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Beat shortening, sugar, vanilla and salt on medium speed with electric mixer in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, until combined. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth. Seperately, beat egg whites in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl. At low speed, alternately beat in buttermilk and flour to chocolate mixture until blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
- FOLD in egg whites. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffins cups. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- REMOVE paper liners. Cut cupcakes in half crosswise using a serrated knife. Spread 1 rounded teaspoon fruit spread on bottom halves. Replace tops back on filling.
- For Glaze: HEAT cream and chocolate in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Spread each cupcake with 2 teaspoons glaze. Let stand until glaze is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 torte of 12), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.