- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Powdered sugar
- BEAT shortening, sugar, vanilla and almond extract in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee crystals and salt. Gradually beat dry ingredients into shortening mixture. Stir in nuts and cherries. Chill dough 1 to 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls using 2 teaspoons dough for each. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar when cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 ball), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.