Mocha Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- HEAT over to 350°F. Coat two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Stir 2 tablespoons coffee crystals in water until dissolved.
- BLEND cake mix, coffee mixture, oil and eggs in a large bowl until moistened. Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread evenly in prepared pans. Bake 27-36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before frosting.
- For Mocha Frosting: DISSOLVE 2 teaspoons coffee crystals in 1 teaspoon water. With a table knife, make a well in center of frosting in container. Add coffee mixture. Slowly stir until well blended.
- PLACE 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread with frosting. Top with second layer, top side up. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting.
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Line muffin pans with paper baking cups. Prepare batter as instructed above. Fill muffin pan cups 2/3 full. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Prepare frosting as directed above. Use to frost cupcakes. Makes 24 cupcakes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 40g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.