Mocha Chocolate Cake with Butter Mocha Frosting
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 33 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee, cooled to room temperature *
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
BUTTER MOCHA FROSTING
- 1 (1 lb.) package powdered sugar (about 3 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee, cooled to room temperature *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix, 1 cup brewed coffee, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 29 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- For Butter Mocha Frosting: COMBINE powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in large bowl. Beat in butter with electric mixer on low speed. Gradually add coffee, vanilla and enough milk to make a smooth and spreadable frosting. Spread frosting between layers, on top and sides of cake.
- TIP *To make strong brewed coffee: Measure 1/4 cup Folgers® Classic Roast Ground Coffee for each 1 1/2 cups water. Brew as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 56g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.