Moist and Spicy Carrot Cake with Pineapple
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans or three 8-inch cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT eggs in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar and oil. Stir in flour and spices. Add carrots, undrained pineapple and 3/4 cup pecans. Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on cooling racks.
- FROST with cream cheese frosting. Press remaining pecans on sides of cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 750 (Calories from Fat 400), Total Fat 46g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 83g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 61g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.