Molten Chocolate Cakes with Raspberries
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Granulated sugar
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 large eggs plus 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/16 teaspoons salt
- Fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves and vanilla ice cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups with no-stick cooking spray. Coat inside of each cup with sugar, tapping out excess.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes or until shortening is melted. Stir until smooth; cool slightly.
- WHISK eggs, egg yolks and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Stir in powdered sugar and brown sugar; add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add flour and salt; stir until well blended. Divide equally into prepared dishes. Place filled dishes on baking sheet. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until sides are set and internal temperature reads 160°F. Let stand 5 minutes. Run small knife around sides of cakes to loosen; immediately turn out onto individual serving plates.
- SPRINKLE with powdered sugar; garnish with raspberries and mint. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cake of 6), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 185mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 32g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.