Molten Mocha Cakes
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15.8 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Chocolatier Collection™ Double Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix
- 2 tbsps. strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- 12 fresh strawberries
- OR 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 12 fresh mint sprigs
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 12 (2 3/4 x 1 1/4-inch) nonstick muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray. Combine chocolate chips and butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 45 to 60 seconds or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Cool 5 minutes.
- COMBINE eggs and egg yolks in large bowl; beat at high speed 4 to 6 minutes or until foamy and doubled in size. Reserve chocolate syrup packet from brownie mix. Gradually add brownie mix to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Fold in melted chocolate chip mixture and coffee. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups (cups will be full).
- BAKE 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Centers will be soft. Cool 2 minutes while preparing serving plates.
- DRIZZLE chocolate syrup from packet onto each individual serving plate. Run knife around edge of each cake to loosen. Invert warm cake over chocolate on each plate. Garnish each serving with strawberry and mint sprig. Serve with ice cream.
High altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/2 cup flour to dry brownie mix. Bake at 400°F 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are set.
- TIP *To make 1 cup of strong brewed coffee: Measure 1/3 cup of Folgers Classic Roast ground coffee and 1 1/3 cup cold water into a drip coffeemaker.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cake of 12), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.