Mom's Best Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COMBINE shortening and sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in oats, pecans, sesame seeds and coconut with spoon.
- DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 13 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 870 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.