Multi-Colored Cupcake Stacks
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 2 packages Pillsbury® Funfetti® Bold Colored Cupcake & Cake Mix, (select 2 contrasting colors)
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 2 containers Pillsbury® Funfetti® Bold Colored Frosting, (choose your favorite contrasting colors)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare both cupcake and cake mixes according to package directions using 2/3 cup water, 1/4 cup oil and 2 egg whites for each. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- REMOVE paper baking cups from cupcakes. Cut each cupcake horizontally into 2 layers using serrated knife. Place 1 container frosting in decorating bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe frosting over each bottom layer. Place tops on cupcakes, alternating color of top and bottom cake layers. Place remaining frosting in decorating bag. Pipe on top of cupcakes. Sprinkle with candy bits from frosting, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 cupcakes), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 30g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.