My Golden Harvest Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 to 6 cups (about 2 lbs.) peeled and thinly sliced apples, (try half Golden Delicious apples and half tart, firm apples such as Northern Spy, Granny Smith or Winesap)
- 3 tablespoons Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- HEAT oven to 450°F.
- COMBINE sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Layer apple slices alternately with sugar mixture in unbaked pie crust. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut design or slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BRUSH top crust with milk. If desired, re-roll dough scraps and cut into decorative shapes; arrange on top of pie.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.