Nutty Applesauce Bread
Try this tasty bread toasted with Smucker's® Apple Butter for a great breakfast treat, too.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Cream cheese (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts in large bowl. Beat egg with a fork. Stir in applesauce. Add to dry ingredients. Stir only until moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a rack. Remove from pan and cool slightly on a rack before slicing.
- SERVE with cream cheese, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.