Nutty Maple Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 24 Bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup Hungry Jack® Butter Flavored Syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil. Spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Blend. Add butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine egg yolk and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle into processor. Process using on/off turns just until dough clumps together but is still dry. Press into prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 minutes or until crust is set and pale golden. Place on rack while making filling.
- COMBINE syrup, cream and butter in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts. Pour filling over crust, spreading nuts evenly.
- BAKE 8 minutes or until filling bubbles. Place pan on rack and cool completely. Lift foil-lined bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
- TIP Store cookies between sheets of wax paper in airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 1 bar), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.