Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, milk and maple extract. Beat until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- DROP by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Shape into balls with spoon.
- BAKE 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.