Oatmeal Caramel Delight Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 95 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 40 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, butter, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and salt in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add oats and flour gradually at low speed. Press half of dough into ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- COMBINE caramels and 1 tablespoon water in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 4 minutes or until caramels have melted. Stir occasionally. Drizzle half of mixture over chips. Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over top. Press flat.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- STIR 1 tablespoon water into remaining caramel mixture. Reheat in microwave on MEDIUM 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips until melted and mixture is well blended. Reheat if necessary. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon water. Spread over hot baked surface. Cool. Cut into bars.
- TIP Instead of using microwave, caramels can be melted in a small saucepan on the stove over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 48), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.