Erlyce Larson Kennedy, MN Bake-Off® Contest 18, 1967
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 175 min
- Yield: 36 bars
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 jar Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 (6 oz.) package (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix at low speed until crumbly. Reserve half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- COMBINE caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour in small bowl; blend well.
- REMOVE partially baked crust from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- RETURN to oven; bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- No change.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.