Oatmeal Carrot Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, eggs and milk until blended. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Add to shortening mixture. Combine oats, carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts. Stir into batter. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 1/2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- BEAT powdered sugar, butter, orange peel and orange juice in bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and of desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.