Oatmeal Chewy Surprise Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 3 cups rolled oats, quick or old-fashioned
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, sugar, water, egg and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Stir in coconut, butterscotch chips and oats. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.