Oatmeal Gorp Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 1/4 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large, very ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats, quick or old-fashioned
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, banana, egg and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture. Beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and coconut with spoon.
- SHAPE heaping tablespoonfuls into 1 1⁄2 to 2-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten dough slightly.
- BAKE 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 11g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.