Oatmeal Honey Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats, quick or old-fashioned
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, honey, egg and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at low speed until blended. Increase speed to medium. Beat until light and creamy.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Increase speed to medium. Beat until well blended. Stir in oats, raisins and pecans. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- TIP For smaller cookies, drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.