Oatmeal Lemon-Cream Cheese Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Sugar for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, cream cheese and sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg yolk, lemon extract and lemon peel.
- COMBINE flour, oats and salt in medium bowl. Stir into shortening mixture with a spoon until blended. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BEAT whole egg with egg white in small bowl. Brush over tops of cookies. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Press almond slices lightly on top.
- BAKE 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.