Oatmeal Round Bread
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg, separated
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons quick rolled oats, divided
- COMBINE 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup oats and yeast in large bowl. Heat milk, oil, honey and salt just until warm (115ºF to 120ºF.) Add to flour mixture.
- ADD egg and egg yolk. Beat with electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, stir in remaining flour. Beat until smooth. Cover. Let rise until double in bulk, about 2 hours.
- COAT a 2-quart casserole lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oats. Punch down dough. Place in prepared casserole. Let rise until double in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Brush dough with beaten egg white. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon oats. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand in casserole 15 minutes before removing.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of loaf), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.