Old-Fashioned Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large baked biscuits, split
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 (12 oz.) ounce PET® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Sauté onion 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in salt, pepper, thyme and flour. Whisk in milk and broth until mixture begins to bubble.
- STIR in chicken and thawed vegetables. Cook until chicken is heated through and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in chopped parsley. Serve over split biscuits.
CREAMED TURKEY AND BISCUITS
- Cooked, shredded turkey can be used instead of chicken.
PET is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 940mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 14g), Protein 31g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 110%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.