Old-Fashioned Creamy Chicken Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsps. plus 1 tsp. Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- OR 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen diced potatoes
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until tender. Stir in flour, bouillon granules, parsley, thyme and pepper. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- REMOVE from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, potatoes, chicken and mixed vegetables.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Add filling.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- PLACE in oven. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until filling is hot and crust is flaky.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/6 of pie), Calories 620 (Calories from Fat 310), Total Fat 35g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 670mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g), Protein 23g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.