Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.