Old Fashioned Southern Pecan Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE powdered sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs, corn syrup and vanilla until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, pecans, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed until well blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Roll in powdered sugar while warm. Place on cooling racks to cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar again, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.