Olive and Herbs Quick Bread
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 9-inch loaf
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives, drained
- 2 cups Homemade Crisco® Quick Bread Mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, thyme or dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream cheese (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- MIX eggs and buttermilk with a fork in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and olives. Stir in Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix, fresh herbs and salt until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a rack. Remove from pan; cool completely before slicing. Serve with cream cheese, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.