Orange Blossom Ganache Cake
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (10.25 oz.) jar Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line two 8-inch round baking pans with parchment paper. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans. Peel off paper and place on cooling racks. Cool completely.
- RESERVE 2 tablespoons marmalade for garnish. Spoon remaining marmalade on top of one cake layer within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with other layer. Chill 20 minutes.
- HEAT cream and butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and mixture begins to thicken. Place stacked cake layers on cooling rack with a sheet of wax paper underneath.
- POUR half the ganache over cake, using a spatula to smooth over top and sides. Chill until ganache is set. Repeat with remaining ganache. Transfer to serving plate. Garnish with thin orange slices brushed with reserved marmalade just before serving.
- TIP If ganache thickens, re-heat over low to return to pouring consistancy.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 50g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.