JoAnne Rademacher, Berthold, ND, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Ready Time: 65 min
- Yield: 8 rolls
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon almond paste
- 1 EGGLAND’S BEST egg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup Hershey's® premier white baking chips
- Grated peel of 1 large orange (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup cup plus 1 tablespoon Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Natural Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In small bowl, beat butter, almond paste and egg with electric hand mixer until mixture is smooth. Beat in nutmeg and flour.
- On work surface, unroll dough sheet; press into 14x8-inch rectangle. Spread butter mixture over dough, leaving 1/2 inch of 1 short end uncovered. Sprinkle cherries, baking chips, 2 teaspoons of the orange peel and 1/4 cup almonds over butter mixture to edges of dough; press in lightly.
- Starting at short end covered with butter mixture, roll up dough. Pinch and press uncovered end into roll to seal. Reshape roll with hands. Wrap roll in waxed paper; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray, or line with cooking parchment paper. Using serrated knife, cut roll into 8 slices; place cut sides up and 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix powdered sugar, cream and almond extract with spoon until smooth; spoon and spread over hot rolls on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon almonds and 1 teaspoon orange peel. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 16g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.