Orange Peanut Butter Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 16 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, stirred
- OR Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sift if lumpy)
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Simply Fruit® Orange Marmalade Spreadable Fruit
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 square (1/2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray 8- or 9-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- MELT butter in medium saucepan over moderate heat. Remove pan from heat. Add sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter; beat until thoroughly mixed. Blend in egg, milk and vanilla until thick. Stir into flour mixture until well blended. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely.
- MIX powdered sugar and marmalade in a small bowl until evenly blended. Gradually add enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Spread frosting over bars.
- MELT chocolate and shortening in small microwave safe bowl at 50% power; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate frosting across frosting in lines about 1 inch apart. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 23g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.