Orange Pound Cake Loaf
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Coat a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- BLEND shortening, sugar, vanilla, orange extract and orange peel in bowl of electric mixer until well combined. Blend in eggs. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Add alternately with milk to shortening mixture. Beat well. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE about 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.