Oven Barbecued Meatballs
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Hot cooked noodles
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COMBINE egg, milk, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup onion, salt, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and pepper in large bowl. Mix in beef. Shape into 18 meatballs.
- COMBINE flour and paprika in shallow dish. Roll meatballs in flour mixture.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat; brown meatballs on all sides. Transfer meatballs to 2-quart casserole. Drain off excess oil from skillet. In same skillet, combine ketchup, water, remaining 1/4 cup onion, vinegar, sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and celery seed. Bring to boiling. Pour over meatballs in casserole.
- COVER; bake 45 minutes. Serve meatballs and sauce over hot cooked noodles.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 770 (Calories from Fat 330), Total Fat 37g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 190mg, Sodium 980mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 19g), Protein 42g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.