Oven Crisped Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 425ºF.
- BEAT eggs until frothy in shallow dish. Beat in milk. Combine flour, paprika, basil, salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Place bread crumbs in another large plastic bag. Shake chicken breast halves, one or two at a time, in flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture. Shake in crumb mixture.
- POUR oil into a shallow, rimmed baking sheet. Place pan in oven 3 to 4 minutes or until oil is hot, but not smoking. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet in single layer.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Turn chicken over. Sprinkle with any remaining crumb mixture. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 180mg, Sodium 600mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g), Protein 36g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.