- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 lb.) frying chicken, cut into pieces
- OR 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. meaty chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in paper or large resealable food storage bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat.
- HEAT shortening in electric skillet to 365ºF on medium-high heat. Fry chicken, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear and temperature reads 165ºF on meat thermometer. Turn chicken 4 or 5 times during frying for even browning.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 39g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.